Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Typed up thoughts.

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Get reading: National book week

So, for those of you who might not know - I've finally travelled home for the Easter holidays! I will be home for a good three and a half weeks... meaning ill have a good chance to visit all the family and to get back in touch with my country roots.

I plan to bake, sew, knit, eat lots of easter eggs and celebrate the royal wedding - in one way or another. And no need to worry as I assure you i will be blogging about everything as soon as I get the chance.

First things first though I want to start reading a book. Its national reading week this week, which means in all honesty we should all try to make a little time to read something we wish we could - but never have the time too.

The thing that puts me off reading novels apart from my lack of time,  is the fact that there are so many books out there that its kind of hard to choose what will suit your taste. Do I go for a biography? a fictional story? a historic period drama? a Sci-fie? or even a self help book? So much choice.


I decided to ask around to get a general jist of whether or not there are any books out there that people like myself enjoy. Most of the people I asked pointed me a book called Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. Apparently it is a novel 'that every young woman should read' according to my mother (who is often wright about most things). So I shall start reading it tonight - and update you on what I think about the books beginning!...

To read a review on the book Rebecca click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Share it.