Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Typed up thoughts.

Thursday 19 May 2011

GAGA... Give me your jacket.

I am neither a lover or a hater of the often talked about Lady Gaga. However, I am a big fan of her recently new song Judas. Its catchy, has a great beat to dance to, and is definitely a belter! Ive seen the music video for Judas only a couple of times, but something in it definitely caught my eye:

TAKE NOTE OF HER LEATHER BIKER INSPIRED JACKET.


So you saw the leather jacket? I like it. I want it... but its summer - so unless you plan to wear it with a bra and some dainty knickers over a pair of tights - like Lady Gaga, then it might be a little to hot to wear it.

 I mean yes, by all means go for it: 'biker' chic is always in fashion, and if you wear it with a head scarf like Lady Gaga does in Judas, then it will look very stylish indeed. However I for one, would like a more wearable version for the summer season...  think lighter fabric, sleeveless - still keeping hold of the studs and biker esq. inspiration.

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything I really liked on the Internet - so instead I urge you to do a bit of D.I.Y. get a denim jacket / leather jacket/ PVC jacket a pair of scissors and some studs.
  • Chop the sleeves off - their too hot, last season, and boring - so away with the sleeves please.
  • Next embellish the jacket to your hearts content- the technique I think looks best when finished is to embellish it from the collar outwards.

Ive had fun customizing jackets before - for an example look at my previous post: customized denimz.
I would also urge that you have a look around for your favourite styles - how long you want it, what fabric you want your jacket in, what embellishment you want to throw all over it... because the limits are endless and it is totally up to you how cool or chic your jacket ends up looking - with or without the Gaga style bra & panties. Anyway, you know what to do - so have fun!

REMEMBER TO SIGN UP TO THE NEWS LETTER ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE BLOG. JUST SUBMIT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO GET THE LATEST POSTS & BLOG INFO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Share it.